Aussie Pitmasters Forum

Australias Best BBQ Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:22 am

All times are UTC+10:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:04 am 

Hi all, I’m really new to this site but wondered if anyone can help out! I’m in the market for an offset smoker and I love the look of SC Smokers, particularly the chubby. I’ve tried to find reviews or any feedback on how they perform but there doesn’t seem to be anything out there!? Does any one have one or heard about how the go? There’s no doubting the built quality is top notch but do they actually smoke well ie the actual design? Hope someone can help out, any feedback would be most welcome! Thanks, Ben

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:20 am 
Site Admin

hi benjikiwi,

being the owner of sc smokers id be happy to answer any questions you have on them.
also owning Aussie pitmasters i thought it would be a little narcissistic to post up a review on my site for a product i own ;)

the chubby has been a VERY popular choice for those looking at pits.
The Firebox is deliberately larger than any other manafacurer on the market to allow for a BIG clean combustion of Redgum or Ironbark we have here in victoria/nsw.
The cooking grates are also flattened expanded steel which is a much better product than just expanded mesh.

as for cooking, the pit is bang on temp left to right due to our heat management plate.

Pretty much everything on the pit has a good reason behind it so ask away :)

The other thing we are offering (as many of our pits at the moment are built to order due to demand) is having the pit unpainted from factory. you can nominate it to be oiled or unoiled if you want to have some patina put on it before oiling it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfSLPH7Aw_N ... epitmaster

Regards

Brett (beaver)

- 3rd Lamb
KCBS Melbourne 2016 - 7th/17 Outright
- 2nd Chicken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:27 am 

Hi Brett, thanks for that! Clears up a few things. I've been smoking meat for a little while now but I'm very new to offset smokers so just wanted to know how they perform. There is no doubt they look fantastic and seeing one up close they are clearly excellently made it was more whether the airflow is spot on etc. I've actually been in touch with Andy (who was extremely helpful by the way) so will be lining up a time to pop down and see him!
Thanks again.
Ben