Aussie Pitmasters Forum

Australias Best BBQ Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:46 am

All times are UTC+10:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:58 am 

Dear all,

To date we have finalized $6000 in cash and prizes. Sponsor engagement opportunities continue.

Ed Harry Park has hot and cold water and public toilets, however no power being so close to the surf. The North Burleigh Surf Club have kindly allowed us to use their club toilets and showers overnight. Also to extend power boards across the park to competitors however the number of sites this will reach is limited. Contact now if you need power to cook.

Competitors are permitted to roll out a swag or camp bed to watch their cooks within their designated area. The “Ocean Beach Tourist Park” is just over the hill north and is the closest place to CAMP. Call them directly to reserve a site. 07 5667 2710. There are lots of other accommodation options along the strip close. Almost all are self-contained and will sleep multiple groups to bring down cost.

From midday Friday, the comp area will be fenced off on 3 sides ready for folks who wish to setup early. There will be an overnight security presence however be mindful this is a public beach so perhaps just the BBQs and your marquee. Plenty of time Saturday morning to bump in too with the teams briefing at midday and start cooking at 3pm.

Friday evening a competitor welcome and meet opportunity at Burleigh Brewing’s “Brew Jam” from 17.00. A mini bus will be heading over and back from the comp site for those who need a ride. Sunday PM, post prize presentations, a surf club upper level room will be open to kick back, chew the fat and enjoy the view.

Yes a judging school Sunday morning with spots firstly to event sponsors. Given 25 teams, new and experienced judge vacancies will be limited.

Questions: - PM, 0438 488 554 or [email protected]

Hey join us “Mid-Winter” for warm weather, blue skies and Gold Coast hospitality! Dress code: - best board shorts in the competition area please. Greg Dean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:00 am 
Site Admin

fantastic effort card shark, looks like a great event

have updated the google calendar to reflect

- 3rd Lamb
KCBS Melbourne 2016 - 7th/17 Outright
- 2nd Chicken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:12 am 

Cheers Brett.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:13 pm 
Thank God I'm not a Moderator/Admin anymore

Fantastic effort there CS......I wish you all a huge success with this comp so much that it becomes an annual event. I love the poster advertisement on this....great representation of what it's all about.

Might try and snag a long weekend to come up if you need an ABA judge. I can't promise just yet but i'll try as we are very short staffed.

Cheers

Davo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:30 pm 

Looking forward to attending.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:44 pm 
BBQ Ambassador

Very seriously thinking about this.

I'll ask my questions here so others can get the benefit?
1- have you determined the hand in times?
2- what categories are counting towards the GC?
3- how is the prize money split up?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:07 pm 

Good stuff cardshark!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:09 pm 

Hi Jester,

1/ Hand in times ● Chicken​ ​​  ­ Turn in ­ 9am   ● Seafood ­ Turn in ­ 9.45 am   ● Lamb ­ Turn in ­ 10.30am   ● Beef ­ Turn in ­ 11.15am   ● Pork Ribs ­ Turn in ­ 12noon  ● Winners announcements ­ 15.00pm. 

2/ What categories are counting towards the GC? All

3/ Prize pool allocation as it stands today follows based on the budget received from local council and tourism. We are keenly seeking additional meat category sponsorships. Smoke Kings bbqs will kindly be providing prizes for 1-3 in each section in addition.

● 1​ st​ ​​ place in Round ​ $​ ​​ 400 cash + prizes ● 2​ nd​ ​​ place in Round ​ $200 cash + prizes ● 3​ rd​ ​​ place in Round ​ $100 cash + prizes ● Grand Champion Prize ­ $1000 ● Reserve Grand Champion (runner up) Prize ​­ $500 Note: Each round carries an individual 1​ st​ ,​ 2​ ​​ nd​ ​ ​​ and 3​ ​​ rd​ ​​ Prize. First receives a trophy. All receive prizes. Team placing pay down to 6th. Total cash and prize pool in excess of $6000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:40 pm 

Davo wrote:
Fantastic effort there CS......I wish you all a huge success with this comp so much that it becomes an annual event. I love the poster advertisement on this....great representation of what it's all about.

Might try and snag a long weekend to come up if you need an ABA judge. I can't promise just yet but i'll try as we are very short staffed.

Cheers

Davo

Cheers Davo!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:09 pm 
BBQ Ambassador

Thanks for the quick answers. We'll do all we can to get there.

Great work.