Event venue will be given to those who are interested only. Is located on the Southside of BrisbaneWhen:
Saturday, 26th of April, 2014Cuts involved:
Pork Spare Ribs
Complete meat packs for this competition can be purchased from our sponsor, listed below. Schedule:
7:00am - arrive at venue
7:30am - Setup
8:30am - Briefing
9:00am - Begin Hand In Times:
2:00pm - Chicken
3:00pm - Tri Tip
4:00pm - RibsHand in Rules:
Judges & Judging
- Hand-In to judges within 5 minutes of the time window for each category, with no exceptions.
- Produce must be cooked from raw, on site and wholly within the competition window times.
- All servings (6) must be served in the official competition official serving tray, that will be supplied to you at the briefing.
- Garnishes are allowed for the presentation scores, but will not be tasted.
- Sauces are allowed but must be served on the meat and not in separate containers. Sauces in containers will not be judged.
- Teams must present Six (6) servings per category to be eligible for Judging. Meat may be chopped, sliced, pulled, diced or served in any other way.
- Multiple cuts of the protein are allowed, as long as there are six (6) total servings.
- All six (6) servings must fit inside the closed official serving tray.
- All teams must present a dish in every category to be in the running for the ‘Inaugural Australian Pitmaster Titles Backyard Champion’
A panel of judges will judge each category based on the following
- Presentation /10
- Texture /10
- Taste /30
An overall score out of 50 will be awarded based on the average score of six (6) judges. All awarded scores in each category to will be added to award the overall ‘Inaugural Australian Pitmaster Titles Backyard Champion’. All judges will be selected by the event director.Cooking methods allowed
Hooded Grills, Smoker or smoker trailer, Kettle BBQ, BBQ grill, Rotisserie Grill, Spit Roasters and Kamado BBQ’s. Other methods will need to be approved by the Event Director before the event.Cooking fuels allowed
Wood, Gas, Pellets, Charcoal, Electric, fire starters and Lighter fluids. Other methods will need to be approved by the Event Director before the event.
A more detailed food handling guide will be issued to competitors once a competitors list is obtained.
There will be prizes and ribbons awarded for first in each category and an overall grand champ. Team spots are strictly limited to a maximum of 4 per team with a maximum of 5 teams. Entries will be taken on a first in, first served basis. Our website will soon be operational with full details provided within.
I would also like to sincerely thank our sponsors so far for their valued contribution. Without their help, this would not be possible.
- Grillpro Australia
- Goodna Meat Mart
- Pearls Radiators
- Barbeques & More
To become a part of this competition, simply place your team name in a response.