Aussie Pitmasters Forum

Australias Best BBQ Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:26 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:25 pm 

Bugger, that's a shame Beaver, especially considering all the work you have put into it. Maybe give it a crack around summer time when the seasons starting to get going?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sure we will be giving it another crack

- 3rd Lamb
KCBS Melbourne 2016 - 7th/17 Outright
- 2nd Chicken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:40 pm 

Disappointed for those missing out but understandable if the numbers can't be had.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Burqueno wrote:
Disappointed for those missing out but understandable if the numbers can't be had.

cant win them all, the great guys at Joes bbq said they will try again and there are others interested in other states so i think we will be trying again :)

- 3rd Lamb
- 2nd Chicken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:49 pm 
BBQ Ambassador

See what happens with the election :lol:

No honestly, sorry it couldn't eventuate... I'm sure with more time, planning, media etc your next attempt will succeed!

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:54 pm 

I was down in Melbourne on the weekend with a couple of mates for a boys weekend. The excuse for the trip was the BeerBQ event in Flemington on Sunday. Four courses of American BBQ prepared by Paul Rietmier of Silver Creek along with Chris Badenoch from Josie Bones, the ProQ smokers distributor and a rep from Cape Grimm beef. Four courses of BBQ with four matching beers from Sierra Nevada. They're planning on running a series of these events including up in Sydney. They also did some Q&A and demo of starting up the ProQ and went over dealing with brisket.

Perhaps it might be doable to do a combined event where they do their stuff and the competitors cook off? Even if not it should help spread the word some on BBQ to the public.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

edgy wrote:
See what happens with the election :lol:

No honestly, sorry it couldn't eventuate... I'm sure with more time, planning, media etc your next attempt will succeed!

i suppose with this attempt we either overestimated those whom were going to the sydney bbq festival or those whom were going got cold feet.
its all good, ive had a chat to those whom signed up and everyone is on board for next attempt.

a little more notice and media will definitely help :)

- 3rd Lamb
- 2nd Chicken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

Burqueno wrote:
I was down in Melbourne on the weekend with a couple of mates for a boys weekend. The excuse for the trip was the BeerBQ event in Flemington on Sunday. Four courses of American BBQ prepared by Paul Rietmier of Silver Creek along with Chris Badenoch from Josie Bones, the ProQ smokers distributor and a rep from Cape Grimm beef. Four courses of BBQ with four matching beers from Sierra Nevada. They're planning on running a series of these events including up in Sydney. They also did some Q&A and demo of starting up the ProQ and went over dealing with brisket.

Perhaps it might be doable to do a combined event where they do their stuff and the competitors cook off? Even if not it should help spread the word some on BBQ to the public.

the boys at silver creek are great lads, i would love to invite them here to have a chat about their wonderful products but they (for now) just arent interested in the forum scene (i cant blame them i suppose after the debacle over the last year or 2)

shane from thin blue line is good mates with Paul and the SCS boys, im sure they would possibly entertain the idea :)
dont tell andy g but their brisket at the melbourne event was the best there ;) love me some Texas style

- 3rd Lamb
- 2nd Chicken

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:20 pm 
BBQ Ambassador

Its a shame, thanks for trying and I appreciated you getting in touch to explain what happened.

Count me in for your next attempt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 pm 

So was the event purely going to be a cooking comp or a BBQ festival style event?

Ken

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next