Aussie Pitmasters Forum

Australias Best BBQ Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:15 pm

All times are UTC+10:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:18 pm 

yakabot wrote:
Yaaaaay. Never thought I'd say this, ever, but I get to go back to work on Monday. My workplace is even letting me start after 9am, as I haven't got another car yet.
And just work between 3-5 hours and see how I go. Lots of lifting, twisting and looking up high with what I do, so hoping it goes well.
Was going to go there tomorrow and have a practice drive but they're actually closed for the weekend. (Which they rarely are)
Doesn't happen often, but I'm actually happy right now.
:D

So, you are a pole dancer! 8-)

1st-Beef brisket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:31 pm 

Ha Ha. Never even thought of it like that, and it is how it sounds.
With my body in a G string (or whatever it's called blokes wear) I'd get locked up if I tried to pole dance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:39 pm 

Us oldies are tough you can do it :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:59 am 

Bugger mate just saw this post for the first time. Sorry to hear about the accident, pleased you were not seriously hurt and you obviously walked away with your sense of humour in tact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maverick ET-732
Maverick ET-733
Thermapen
Weber Q 320
A-MAZ-N 6" and 12" tubes
All the gear and no idea!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:24 am 

Thanks Fleetz. I can tell you there wasn't much humor in my head as the car was bouncing off one car and then in to a pole. Still haven't driven past where it happened to see it it moved the pole. There wasn't much in my head at all at the time. All brain functions were saying "why the he'll does my wrist, neck and chest hurt so much"?
But yeah, in the scheme of things, I got off light. Don't know if I mentioned it previously, but someone else at my work drove past it all, (didn't know it was me) and said to my boss the next day that he'd seen the accident and didn't think anyone had lived. I was happy someone had seen it so that work didn't think I was faking it.
I'm starting back at work tomorrow for 5 hours to see how I go. Sort of won't be easy after sitting at home for 2 weeks doing virtually nothing. (Couldn't really do anything the 1st week anyway)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:24 am 

yakabot wrote:
Thanks Fleetz. I can tell you there wasn't much humor in my head as the car was bouncing off one car and then in to a pole. Still haven't driven past where it happened to see it it moved the pole. There wasn't much in my head at all at the time. All brain functions were saying "why the he'll does my wrist, neck and chest hurt so much"?
But yeah, in the scheme of things, I got off light. Don't know if I mentioned it previously, but someone else at my work drove past it all, (didn't know it was me) and said to my boss the next day that he'd seen the accident and didn't think anyone had lived. I was happy someone had seen it so that work didn't think I was faking it.
I'm starting back at work tomorrow for 5 hours to see how I go. Sort of won't be easy after sitting at home for 2 weeks doing virtually nothing. (Couldn't really do anything the 1st week anyway)

How was the first day back

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:12 am 

Hard. Only allowed to do 4 hours but neck and shoulder got tired/sore quickly and wrist hurts again now.