Aussie Pitmasters Forum

Australias Best BBQ Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:17 pm

All times are UTC+10:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:34 pm 

Barney wrote:
I've got the GMG Jim Bowie and really dig it. I would have loved to get a Yoder but before I was into smoking bought a Weber Summit, which was hard enough to get past the Committee (missus) at the time, plus undergoing major renos at the moment so had to compromise. The JB is awesome but the WiFi coverage is pretty shit. I've got a feeling that's because my house WiFi has an effect on it working properly. I need to try turning that off and see if the GMG WiFi improves. How do you find it for coverage Burnt Offerings & Draken? If I'm more than 5 or 6m away I lose connection.

I have a gmg jb and I agree the wi fi is shit about 5 meters hark is the importer and they told me it would be improved when the app update came though. It did not improve at all. Apart from that awesome bbq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:43 pm 

Mines good since the update, it now connects through the home WiFi so now has a good range + you can browse internet etc without having to switch out of the GMG mode

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:28 pm 

Since the last firmware update I did on my DB the wifi is some what erratic at times but it works well most of the time and never had an issue with range as using my home network and the smoker it right outside the office window where router lives. Plus wifi isn't that important and I use my Maverick for temps anyway and since the GMG holds temp very well I dont really have to go check much anyway :-)

| Thermapen |