Aussie Pitmasters Forum

Australias Best BBQ Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:30 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:01 pm 

OK slowly posting some of my cooks on this thing. Sorry for the delay been busy the last few weeks.

Snags and mushrooms in butter cooked perfectly. Dead easy no burning.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:07 pm 

This was my first crack with the Weber trivet.
Again simple. Turn BBQ on max for 10 minutes with the setup as pictured.

Add meat and veg.

Zucchini got a brilliant char, again nothing burnt.

Finished wings were great (from memory these were the pre marinated honey soy ones from aldi), family smashed them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:12 pm 

More wings as word got around to family the following week. This time I had more people to feed so needed to extend the Weber trivet. So I just added another level using a cheap Ikea pan rack. Same result excellent.

Top layer ones cooked a little faster, but that worked well as my kid could eat faster. No turning required. Burners on max the whole time.

2 flavours, honey soy and other rack was buffalo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:24 pm 

Santo wrote:
More wings as word got around to family the following week. This time I had more people to feed so needed to extend the Weber trivet. So I just added another level using a cheap Ikea pan rack. Same result excellent.

Top layer ones cooked a little faster, but that worked well as my kid could eat faster. No turning required. Burners on max the whole time.

2 flavours, honey soy and other rack was buffalo.

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160208/6e5c14ee0a00a2f8babd2cfe55308599.jpg[/img]

Wow how long did the wings take to cook? They look great. Must try on my Q200 :)

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:26 pm 

Not long at all. Say 20 mins max, I took them off when they reached 170f internal. Bottom rack were done 5 mins later.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:28 pm 

vverewolf wrote:
Will be keen to watch this thread. Toying with the idea of replacing my 4 burner beef master with a family q but the beefy just won't die lol

Lol.. I feel ya. My old 4 burner is still sitting in front of my house nobody wants it (even for free).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:17 am 

Glad this thread came up again in my feed. I sold the Q200 and the beefy. For a few hundred out of pocket upgraded to a Q3200. Very very happy. So far lots of grilling, pizzas, roasts and a perfect GF sticky date pudding, which was my first ever baking attempt. Dear wife is pretty pleased that not only will I cook a roast for guests but bake dessert now too. Next challenge is a slow cook :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:34 am 

Any chance of the sticky date recipe?! It sounds great!

I'm also keen to do a slow cook have not got around to it yet. I hear the best way to do a slow cook on the 3200 is to have the outer burner off and inner burner on low, with a decent heat shield under the food.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:19 am 

Santo wrote:
Any chance of the sticky date recipe?! It sounds great!

I'm also keen to do a slow cook have not got around to it yet. I hear the best way to do a slow cook on the 3200 is to have the outer burner off and inner burner on low, with a decent heat shield under the food.

This is the recipe I used: https://www.stayathomemum.com.au/recipe ... e-pudding/

Set up for indirect and baked at 190 deg, so slightly hotter than the recipe as no fan in a BBQ. Super easy and beautiful and moist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:12 am 
Thank God I'm not a Moderator/Admin anymore

Be a bit careful when soaking your grates in water for periods of time as if there's any gaps or leakages in the parcelling coating, if water gets in under it, could rust from the insides...although it'd take a bloody long time to do that.

Yeah I've had my Q3200 for about 3 yrs now and after using the two sizes underneath...this is the best ever.

It can do just about anything....even rotisserie if you want to..(I don't have one but I've seen them.)

Last night I grilled sweet potato slices and 2 bunches of asparagus spears as well as a couple of porterhouse steaks.....the veggies were the highlight more than the steaks imo.

Cheers

Davo