Aussie Pitmasters Forum

Australias Best BBQ Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:32 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Thermoworks Smoke
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:18 pm 

Finally got to try out the smoke over the weekend and to be frank i have mixed feelings about this product.

Everything was going great until I decided to do a little work in the garden which was at the limits of the RF transmission (remote kept on getting a no signal warning) until it decided to give up and dump the connection altogether. No amount of restarting the base station or remote could get them talking to each other again so i finally decided to go online and look for a solution to the issue which was to re-sync the units again via Thermoworks online instructions. Thankfully this worked and all was good again for another hour until a second issue arose this time with the base station. I noticed the temps were way to consistent for my offset with the grill temp not fluctuating a degree for over twenty mins so checking the the thermometers on the doors I noticed a drop in the chamber temp so I restarted the Thermoworks Smoke and it reset to what I thought was the correct temp so must have locked up for some reason.

No other incidents were encountered for the remainder of the cook but both of these previous incidents made me lose a little faith in this product :(

Anyone else had issues?

Post subject: Re: Thermoworks Smoke
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:30 pm 

I had some initial issues but love mine now