Aussie Pitmasters Forum

Australias Best BBQ Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:44 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: mixed fuel bbq advice
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:12 am 

Hi Guys, newbie here, so please be nice(ish)

in the middle of a renovation and designing up my bbq area. I would like to build it with both gas and charcoal.

does anyone know of a good bbq product out there that offers both fuel sources in one? tucker does offer the ability to put a charcoal tray on the gas burner, but i was more after two stand alone grills next to one another.

if this has already been covered then please point me in the right direction, I did a search on the forum but did not have much luck

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:36 pm 

derek b wrote:

in the middle of a renovation and designing up my bbq area. I would like to build it with both gas and charcoal.

does anyone know of a good bbq product out there that offers both fuel sources in one? tucker does offer the ability to put a charcoal tray on the gas burner, but i was more after two stand alone grills next to one another.

if this has already been covered then please point me in the right direction, I did a search on the forum but did not have much luck

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:31 am 

derek b wrote:

thanks

Derek
The Weber kettle can be fitted with a gas conversion kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 pm 

derek b wrote:

thanks

Brother in the same predicament, I’m looking at a braii ( I think that’s how u spell it )!but I recommend keeping ya bbq lpq it burns so much hotter . Pizza oven would be cool but it’s the kind of thing you would need to use all day to get benefit

Cooking as we speak [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:17 pm 
Thank God I'm not a Moderator/Admin anymore

Have you considered a woodpellet grill?

It will do most what you want including low n slow smoking but will get as hot and grill similar to a gas BBQ....it will also preheat almost as quick as a gas grill.
The only downside to them is that they require electricity to operate the thermostat controller, fan and start the pellets burning....but apart from that....they are awesome!!

Cheers

Davo